Dead Men Walking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-05-20

"A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Empty
PostSubject: "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)   "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 am

"A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson"
As recalled in the memory of Josh Young

A long, long time ago, on a world far, far away, there was a courageous band of adventurers, in the employ of the sovereign nation of Dun Enghal. They had, at the behest of their dwarven commanding officer, stole across the border between theirs, and their neighboring nation Dun Engar's border. Having concocted a cover story (that of a traveling band of merchants, seeking investors in a new-found mine to the north, and subsequent matching names and identities), the small group entered a lonely border-town, high in the mountains.

Upon arrival, the adventuring group discovered that they were not the only strangers in town - a census taker has recently arrived as well, and he was collecting the names and occupations of all who were in the area, be they natives or travelers. One of the party members, a roguish wizard by the name of Rynell, played by our very own Mark R., had remained outside of town, hoping to observe the actions and movements of the citizens from afar.

The census taker ventured out into the wilderness, intent on speaking with any and all peoples in the area. Coming upon Rynell, the census taker made his standard inquiry:

Census Taker: "Name and occupation, good sir?"
Rynell: "Um...uh..."
CT: "Take your time, sir..." [eyeing this strange little man skeptically]
Rynell: "Yeah..."
CT: "Sir, please. Your name and occupation."
Rynell: "I'm a trader."
CT: "Very good. And your name?" [making a few scribbles on his paperwork]

[Mark looks around the table conferring with Bryan and saying, "Karl, that's an old name...with the 'K'!" As if someone can hear the name's spelling in conversation...]

Rynell: "Uh...Karl."
CT: "And...your last name, sir?"
Rynell: "Mmmmm...Johnson."

So, Karl Johnson, the wizardly cousin of Carl Johnson from GTA: San Andreas, was born into the world of Pelosia.

To this day, whenever a player says something without thinking it completely through and they want to take a mulligan before things get too far out of hand, they shout out "Karl Johnson!" and it is immediately assumed that whatever their character said immediately before is negated.
Back to top Go down
https://pbpgames.rpg-board.net
Simon Leeds

Simon Leeds

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-05-20

"A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Empty
PostSubject: Re: "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)   "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:52 am

yeah yeah...blame it all on me. AS I remember it I believe there were more then a few beers involved. AND too many hours of GTA:San Andreas beforehand.

::Grins::
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)   "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

I offered the "K" suggestion in case he was asked to spell it. Thank you very much.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Mortimer James McKay

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)   "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:54 am

Thank god, I knew there was a inside joke to this and I was about to beg for an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)   "A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"A Short Dissertation on the Genesis of One Mr. Karl Johnson" (For John's benefit)
Page 1 of 1