Dead Men Walking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blobfest 2008

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Blobfest 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Blobfest 2008   Blobfest 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:05 am

Hey guys, I know only a couple of us live close enough for this to be relevant but this Saturday night, July 12th, is the 9th Annual Blobfest at the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville.

Every year they show a monster movie double feature, The Blob (of course) always showing first. This year they are running one of my favorite Vincent Price movies, The Tingler, after. They usually have a special guest speaker, this year Tom Savini will be there. You may know him as "Sex Machine" from Dusk til Dawn. He is one of the special effects wizard behind Creepshow, Dawn of the Dead (old one), Day of the Dead, Friday the 13th, (Original and part 3) and many episodes of Tales from the Darkside.

The movie starts at 8pm and think the ticket prices still may be $8 for an adult.

You can learn more at http://www.thecolonialtheatre.com/
Back to top Go down
Kelly Taylor

Kelly Taylor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Blobfest 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blobfest 2008   Blobfest 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:39 pm

How was BlobFest???
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Blobfest 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blobfest 2008   Blobfest 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Very fun!

Dottie and I went to the street fair, we had soft pretzels and watched the costume contest.

I went back and got to see the Blob and The Tingler.

The Blob was always fun, lot's of laughs to be had. A very good sized audience was there.

During the second half of the double feature, which started at 11pm, the audience shrank to about half. The highlight was during a certain scene in the movie the monster escapes into a dark theater, and during that volunteers crept through the isles with little rubber replicas of the thing and touched people in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blobfest 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blobfest 2008   Blobfest 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blobfest 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: Out-of-Character Posts-
Jump to: