Dead Men Walking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posting Formats

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Posting Formats   Posting Formats Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:20 pm

Okay...so, posting formats. It's pretty simple actually.

In-Character vs. Out-of-Character Posts
In-Character topics, conversation, and threads should be in the In-Character Game Threads forum. This would include anything your character is doing from speaking to an NPC to running for your life from a onrushing horde of zombie attackers.

Out of Character posts should be in the Out-of-Character Posts forum. This would include things like asking the other players what they're up to this weekend, to posting links. If it's you and not your character, put it here to be safe.

Actual Game Posts
All in-character, in-game posts will contained in a daily (game-time, not real-time) topic. The first one will be "January 13th, 2009". As soon as midnight passes on the 13th in-game, all further posting will take place in the "January 14th, 2009" topic. In-game "Date" topics are to be created by me only.

Dice Rolling
I've installed a dice roller on the board. This means we can easily attach rolls for attacks, skill checks, damage, you-name-it, to our posts. I'd like all rolls to be done in a separate "Rolls" topic for each in-game date in the In-Character forum. When you post a roll, please link back to the in-game post so that I (and the other players) can easily follow what action that roll applies to.*

*see post below

More to come (with examples, so don't worry)...

Last edited by Game Master on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pbpgames.rpg-board.net
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Dice Roller   Posting Formats Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:10 pm

Yeah, so...the dice roller on this board kinda pisses me off. It's annoying. It generates 1 post, and then 1 post with the roll. As such, I say screw it. No on-board dice roller!

Here's what we're going to do. We're going to use a dice mail server. I found a really good one here: http://www.pbegames.com/roller/.

So, when I ask for initiative, hit up that website, enter my email address (joshua.r.young@gmail.com), yours if you want a copy of the rolls, and then fill out the form as necessary. Same goes for damage rolls, skill checks, you-name-it. The roller is pretty customizable.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Formats   Posting Formats Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Basic posting format will be this:

In-Character Speech (bolded; in quotes if you desire for readability)
Ex.: "Get back! I'll handle it!"

In-Character Thoughts (italics; in quotes if desired, entirely optional, but great for further describing character mindset and intentions)
Ex.: "There's no way I'll make it out of here alive," he thought to himself.

Regular In-Character Descriptive Text (no formatting)
Ex.: Jaime looked down at the splintered baseball bat he'd been using as a makeshift weapon and shuddered, suddenly remembering all the heads he'd caved in making his way out of that zombie-infested warehouse.

*Special Note*
All out-of-character descriptions should be done in quote ([spoiler ] and [/spoiler ] - with spaces removed) tags, as such:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Formats   Posting Formats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:20 pm

For ease of use, I have linked the dice roller to my Signature, feel free to use it.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Formats   Posting Formats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Good damned idea, Bryan. I'll do the same.
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Formats   Posting Formats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:29 pm

It could be a rickroll though... you'll have to take yuor chances. Twisted Evil

UPDATE!

I've also added a link to my character sheet in my sig as well for DM ease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Posting Formats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Formats   Posting Formats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting Formats
Page 1 of 1