Dead Men Walking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4th Ed. and another rpg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

4th Ed. and another rpg Empty
PostSubject: 4th Ed. and another rpg   4th Ed. and another rpg Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:23 pm

So, after reactivating my WotC forum account... I was flooded with the massive wall of hate that people have for 4th ed.

I haven't gotten far in my reading of the new PHB but a lot of this is seems to be the "I'm not buying a new edition" hate that happened for both 3 and 3.5.

I'm finishing up the classes section of the PHB and now so far my few complaints have been minor.

Spoiler:

Anyway, I know some folks aren't interested in 4e but I have heard through the forums of Paizo publishing taking hold of the 3.5 reins with a 3.5 compatible game called Pathfinder.

The alpha testing rules for the game are available at http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-05-20

4th Ed. and another rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Ed. and another rpg   4th Ed. and another rpg Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Yeah...I've been keeping loose tabs on Pathfinder. It's intriguing to say the least, for those who want to remain with 3.5.

I've been reading a lot of ENWorld lately, and most of the griping there seems to be of the "I've already broken the game!" and "The RAW is dumb!" varieties. Stuff that can be easily house-ruled, or flat out DM fiat'ed coupled with a smack on the side of the player's head for being retarded. But I agree. There is a large contingent of "3.x is just BETTER!" Whether it is or isn't remains to be seen. I'm willing to give 4th Edition a chance - I'll play it before I wholeheartedly endorse it, or flat-out decry it.

All I can say is, so far, I like what I'm reading/seeing/doing with it. I need to find the time to take the demo PCs from Keep on the Shadowfell, along with a Monster Manual and simulate some combat.
Back to top Go down
https://pbpgames.rpg-board.net

4th Ed. and another rpg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: Out-of-Character Posts-
Jump to: